White Card - Construction Induction Training
Wiseman Institute is approved by WorkSafe Victoria and accredited by Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry, and its successor CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry. This course is also known as White Card Training in Victoria.
Construction induction Training (or White Card Training) is a mandatory legal requirement, under Part 5.1 of the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007, for all persons involved in the construction industry. Construction induction training must be successfully undertaken before working at a construction site in Victoria.
This course is aimed at all workers carrying out construction work such as:
- Self-employed individuals / Contractors
- Site Managers / Supervisors
- Apprentices / Trainees
- All persons who access operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person
- All persons whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones
This course provides participants with the basic principles of health and safety in the construction industry in Victoria and information about preventing workplace injury and illnesses, workplace injury management and workers compensation in Victoria.
Course: CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
Duration: 6 hours
Price: $150 (includes Statement of Attainment and the application for the White Card through WorkSafe on your behalf after the completion of the course)
**Groups of up to 20 participants can be organised onsite for a discounted rate.
The course covers the following topics:
- OHS Legislative Requirements
- Construction Hazards and Control Measures
- OHS Communication and Reporting Processes
- OHS Incident Response Procedures
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (which is issued on the day of training and can be used in place of the White Card to start accessing construction sites immediately
- White Card (to be processed by Wiseman Institute on your behalf - this will be mailed to you by WorkSafe Victoria)
Course Requirement - What You Need on the Day
1. Identification - Evidence of your identity and entitlements to study in Australia
Participants must provide one (1) form of photo ID:
|Photo ID||Other Forms of ID needed|
|A current Australian or New Zealand Passport||No other ID needed|
A current Australian Driver's Licence
A current Proof of Age or Student Card with a photo
Also need a current green Medicare card
A Passport from another country
An Australian Birth Certificate
Formal Documentation issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection confirming permanent residence
Please Note: A Statement of Attainment can not be issued if participants do not provide a valid form fo photo ID
Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time of the course in order to complete all necessary registration paperwork.
The course duration is 6 hours, however, please allow for the course duration to be extended if required.
The course runs from 9:00am - 4:00pm, including training plus assessment.
The course is scheduled on a regular basis at the following Training Centre location:
- Sunshine West - Unit 2, 10-30 West Circuit, Sunshine West VIC 3020
How to Make a Booking
To book a White Card Training Course:
- Book online - Click on your preferred date from the calendar and complete the registration form on the following page. Once your details are submitted, you will receive a confirmation email of your booking.
- Call us on (03) 9314 2502