Pre-Training Review Process (VIC)
Benefits of training
Our training programs will allow you to gain new knowledge and skills as well as develop your existing skills and knowledge all whilst undertaking your daily job!
The skills and knowledge that you develop will lead to increased safety, increased opportunities and increased job security.
The training opens up new doors of learning opportunities including improving communication and increases team morale to ensure there is an understanding of business principles.
To enrol in one of our training programs you need to meet the following minimum entry requirements:
- Employed within in the industry sector suitable for the training program
- Course content and outcome is suited to your current or future role
- Satisfy the language, literacy and numeracy evaluation
Let's get training!
If order for you to formally be enrolled into one of our training programs, you are required to participate in the below processes:
- Complete Wiseman's Enrolment Form
- Complete the Student Declaration Form
- If you are concession card holder, you will need to provide a photocopy of a valid concession card
- Learner Commitment Survey
- Learning, Literacy & Numeracy Evaluation
- Discussion on Recognition of Prior Learning
- Discuss Learning and Assessment Process
The Wiseman Representative will organise and guide you through each step to ensure your enrolment progress runs smoothly and efficiently so you can start training!
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation (LLN)
For Wiseman trainers to assist our learners with their learning needs a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) evaluation is conducted during the Pre-Induction Process.
This evaluation will guide us in customising our training for you and determine what kind of support we can offer you through this learning journey.
The Victorian Training Guarantee Funding
The Victorian Training Guarantee makes vocational training more accessible to people who do not hold a post-school qualification, or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already hold.
You are eligible for a government-subsidised training place if you are:
- Living and/or working in Victoria
- an Australian Citizen
- an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)
- a New Zealand citizen
- 20 years and older and 'upskilling' by seeking to enrol in a course at a higher level than your existing qualification.
An individual is eligible to enrol in and commence a maximum of two government subsidised courses in 2014 or is eligible to enrol and undertake a maximum of two government subsidised courses in 2014.
If you meet the above criteria you may be entitled to two funded training programs under the Victoria Training Guarantee for funded training programs.
To check your eligibility click here.
For more information on the Victorian Training Guarantee click here.
Concessions/Fee Exemptions on Course Fees
Students who are Indigenous or hold any of the following concession cards at the time of their enrolment may be eligible to for a concession tuition fee rather than the standard fee for service fee:
- Commonwealth Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veteran's Gold Card
You must provide a copy of your concession card during our pre-induction process for the concession rates to be applied and ensure that it is valid at the time of enrolment.
For more information regarding out concession/fee exemptions on Course Fees Contact Us.