Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma is a relatively new business improvement methodology, combining both Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
Eliminate waste from processes and increase process speed by focusing on what customers actually consider value and working back from that.
Six Sigma Goals:
Eliminate process variation and make process improvements based on the customer definition of quality, by measuring process performance and process change effects.
When conjoined together (Lean + Six Sigma = Lean Six Sigma), we create a comprehensive business improvement methodology.
This can be used for the standardisation and integration of business processes.
Companies that adopt the Lean Six Sigma methodology will be able to deliver good services in a cost effective manner, with minimal waste.
Lean Six Sigma covers practices such as:
- Implementation of 5S systems
- Effective communication in the work place
- Occupational health and safety
- Continuous Improvement
- Mistake proofing processes
- Applying quick changeovers
- Applying Just in Time systems
- Problem solving techniques
- Total productive maintenance
You can learn more about Lean Six Sigma principles, if you enrol in the following qualification:
- MSS30316 Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practices
- MSS40316 Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices